In partnership with the Office For Women, Inspiring Rare Birds is providing 100 scholarships for emerging or established female entrepreneurs throughout Australia to embark on a mentorship with a high calibre mentor. These scholarships are for women who are regionally, rurally or remotely located, of Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander descent, migrant or refugees, or socio-economically disadvantaged.
Mentoring is a proven form of real-time learning through the transfer of know-how, experience and wisdom. Engaging in a mentorship with an experienced, quality mentor is an invaluable experience where mentees will receive qualitative and subjective counselling and be enabled to better achieve their goals and realise their potential.
The Inspiring Rare Birds mentoring program provides high calibre mentors to entrepreneurs honestly seeking to advance their personal and business development by way of one-on-one mentoring. Entrepreneurs embark on a 12-month journey with their mentor, spending four hours per month together.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- The majority shareholder and owner of the business
- 18 years old or over
- The founder of the business
- Already in operation and have launched your business (it cannot be in ideation stage)
- A woman
- An Australian citizen
- Not employed by Inspiring Rare Birds, a selection committee member or direct partner of the scholarship program.
- Meeting one or more of the following demographic criteria – Regionally, rurally or remotely located, of Indigenous or Torres Strait Islander descent, migrants and refugees, or socio-economically disadvantaged.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications close SUNDAY, 30th JULY 2017. Successful applications will be notified by the Rare Birds team shortly after.
If you know someone who would benefit from this program or to find out more, please visit the Inspiring Mentoring Scholarships website.